hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Busbey <bus...@cloudera.com>
Subject adding a profile to build thrift generated classes
Date Thu, 31 Jul 2014 05:47:53 GMT
Hiya!

Currently, the only instructions for generating our RPC classes via thrift
that I can find are in a package javadoc[1].

While I doubt we rebuild them very often, I was thinking we could ease the
process by adding a maven profile that took care of the rebuilding and
copying into place.

It would still require having thrift installed on the build system, so it
would need to be disabled by default.

Wanted to check for concerns / objections before filing a jira.

[1]: http://s.apache.org/hZv

--
Sean