hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Question about HFile indices
Date Mon, 14 Jul 2014 20:36:15 GMT
We used to hold the entire HFile index in memory, although you could trade
off between the size of the index and amount of IO required to find the
desired records. Facebook found the aggregate size of indexes far too large
for their use case(s) so included the tiered index in the HFile V2
redesign. The design documents on HBASE-3857 might be worth a look.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy

(via Tom White)