hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Cosmin Lehene <cleh...@adobe.com>
Subject How to make HBase survive a laptop standby
Date Tue, 03 Jun 2014 21:46:33 GMT
I just realized that, for years, I've been countlessly restarted hbase every time my laptop
gets out of standby.
I know well why I do this, but I also know I could probably not do it  and that I don't have
to do with Hadoop or Zookeeper or other services and I wish I wouldn't need to with Hbase
either.

So short term, I'd like to know if there a better way already.

Long term I think this is a bigger, more fundamental resiliency aspect that perhaps is not
trivial, but probably worth thinking about in the real deployments context and I wonder if
there's something that tries to solve this already.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Cosmin