hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Nicolas Liochon <nkey...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: jdk 1.7 & trunk
Date Wed, 25 Jun 2014 18:48:04 GMT
Ok Enis I like the definition you put in the thread.

Dropping support explicitly means that we stop building against
JDK6 in jenkins, and won't try to fix issues if they are jdk6 only. Release
testing and unit tests are done on jdk7.

And it implies; we may start to use 1.7 specific features.

With this definition:
1) Do we drop support for JDK6 in .98
2) Do we drop support for JDK6 in 1.0

Does anyone think we need to discuss this or can we start a vote on this?
If there is no objection I will start the vote thread in an hour or two.

Cheers,

N.