hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Mikhail Antonov <olorinb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Thinking of branching for 1.0 by June 23
Date Tue, 10 Jun 2014 23:05:40 GMT
I think jiras on ZK abstraction can still get committed (I'll make sure to
have all non-trivial patches posted on RB for discussion to make sure we
don't accidentally introduce any instability).

On jiras.

Under HBASE-10909:
 -  HBASE-11069 (region merge transaction) is close to completion, just
needs rebasing/merging, so we should have the new patch soon
 -  HBASE-11072 (WAL splitting) - there's progress going on here, I think
we're going to have patch up for reviews pretty soon.
 -  HBASE-11073 (abstract Zk Watcher and listeners) - should have first
patch up for review in a week or two

Besides that, we should have HBASE-4495 (get rid of CatalogTracker) too.

Further steps on abstraction (involving changing/simplifying the way we
keep state in ZK) require coordination engine (as described in consensus
design doc), which has been proposed in hadoop-common (for the time being I
guess we can add this engine directly to HBase to speedup development?).

> +1 on option b)
> On Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 3:28 PM, Konstantin Boudnik <cos@apache.org>
> wrote:
> > +1 on the #2.
> >
> > One question though: do you envision that the work around coordinated
> > replication won't be able to go into branch-1 anymore?
> >
> Its not done and it is far along with Mikhail making good progress. I'd be
> up for keeping up reviews and commit (if thats OK w/ you Mr. RM).
> How much you think could make 1.0 Cos/Mikhail?  Which issues.
> St.Ack

Michael Antonov