hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Jonathan Hsieh <...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Anyone to have a quick look at 11313?
Date Wed, 11 Jun 2014 15:13:05 GMT
I took a look.  While the patch is trivial enough,  I think we should do
something do something more drastic.  We should deprecate/remove Reusable
and Threadlocal PoolMaps for the rpc clients.   Reusable PoolMap in
conjunction with the code becomes resource unbounded and ThreadLocal is
tricky to use (difficult to close or interrupt since we have to hunt down
all the threads).

For now we should deprecate the other two and once 1.0 gets branched we
should remove Reusable and Threadlocal and possibly just get rid of the
extra config infrastructure.

Jon.

--
// Jonathan Hsieh (shay)