hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org>
Subject [DISCUSSION] Best practice when amending commits cherry picked from master to branch
Date Tue, 03 Jun 2014 18:47:54 GMT
Please see the tail of HBASE-10289 and the pending commit
https://github.com/apurtell/hbase/commit/5051ad4 .

We've previously established a best practice of committing to trunk and
cherry picking back to branches whenever possible. When there is a minor
conflict we can fix it up and proceed with the commit. The resulting commit
retains the original author. When the amending author is different from the
original committer, I propose adding notice of this at the end of the
commit message as:

    Amending-Author: Author <committer@apache>

Thoughts?

--