hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Planning to roll the 0.98.4 RC on 6/30
Date Thu, 26 Jun 2014 22:48:56 GMT
Java 7u60 64-bit on an EC2 m3.4xlarge. Just running the unit test suite in
a loop. I don't set any special Maven options in MVN_OPTS or anything like
that.

Historically failures that occur when the suite executes but do not when
individual tests pass happen because one test does not shut down in a
timely manner, or at all, and a subsequent test might use the same
hardcoded path or port. When that happens we have a sporadic and sometimes
load sensitive failure. Complicating, each time one clones a repository on
a different host or file filesystem JUnit may pick up a different test
order, influenced by whatever readdir hands back for each package.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy

(via Tom White)