hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How to make HBase survive a laptop standby
Date Tue, 03 Jun 2014 22:42:00 GMT
Although a dev lapop suspend and resume is equivalent to a total network
failure for the elapsed time, with all that implies, perhaps after
HBASE-10070 goes in it could be possible for a RS to stay up with regions
switched to read only replica mode, reconnect, and perhaps the master upon
discovering all regions still available on the cluster but in read only
mode (no primary), it could reassign primaries - the net effect being
indeed no process needs restarting by a supervisor.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy

(via Tom White)