hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Konstantin Boudnik <...@apache.org>
Subject HBase 0.98.x dependency problems
Date Tue, 17 Jun 2014 18:40:25 GMT
Guys,

I have noticed an interesting problem with HBase 0.98 line. I have ended up with
a crappy Hadoop 2.2.0 artifacts in my local M2 cache - don't ask me how that
happen ;( - which causes compilation problems in HBase. And that brought this
whole issue into the light. Here's the essence of it:

while running for hbase-server module
  % mvn dependency:tree  -Dhadoop.version=2.3.0
I am getting a reference to hadoop 2.2.0

[INFO] +- org.apache.hadoop:hadoop-common:jar:2.2.0:compile
..
[INFO] +- org.apache.hadoop:hadoop-auth:jar:2.2.0:compile
[INFO] +- org.apache.hadoop:hadoop-client:jar:2.2.0:compile

This only happens for 0.98. On master the reference goes to 2.4.0
The problem here is that -Dhadoop.version is being seemingly ignored, which
might lead to binaries with dependencies inconsistent with what it was built
against. I am not sure if this had came up before, but certainly would
appreciate the community's input, if any.

Thanks a lot!
--
Take care,
  Cos