hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Demai Ni <nid...@gmail.com>
Subject HBase Backup/Restore solution(HBase-7912)
Date Mon, 19 May 2014 20:38:22 GMT
hi, folks,

We are working on jira HBase-7912(
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-7912) to open source a backup
solution based on Snapshot and WAL

This JiRA provides a general solution to common users who need to backup
hbase table(s) with a Fullbackup(HBase-10900) as baseline and periodeically
with incremental backup(HBase-11085) to capture the delta; and restore the
PIT data..

In additional, some supporting features are provided for performance,
administration and usability. The whole solution has been released through
IBM's BigInsights 2.1.2, and documented here:
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSPT3X_2.1.2/com.ibm.swg.im.infosphere.biginsights.admin.doc/doc/admin_hbase_bkuprestore_overview.html

We'd like to open source them, and hopefully provide some benefit to HBase
users. At this moment, a review board(https://reviews.apache.org/r/21492/)
is opened for HBase 11085, which contains the over-all framework, and
looking forward to you inputs. Thanks in advance.

BTW, we also shared this solution in the 'backups' session(
http://hbasecon.com/sessions/#session7) of HBase conf 2014.

Demai