hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Dimiduk <ndimi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: Git Migration In Progress (WAS => Re: Git Migration)
Date Wed, 21 May 2014 17:19:59 GMT
Is there a resolution published somewhere? Do we have any ground rules for
making effective use of git? For instance, if we want to maintain linear
histories, we should enforce fast-forward only pushes. Do we allow forced
pushes to published branches? What about policies for feature branches --
should these preserve history? Will we squish the feature into a single
commit? &c.

Git is very nice, but also gives us more rope than we had before.

Perhaps this has some useful formulae:
http://git-scm.com/book/en/Customizing-Git-An-Example-Git-Enforced-Policy