hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Qiang Tian <tian...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSSION] Avoiding merge commits
Date Mon, 26 May 2014 09:16:53 GMT
Hi Guys,
just FYI - I got a case that "git rebase" merge the code to the wrong
position(but without reporting any error) when the code base changes much.
I also tested other related commands based on patch mechanism, such as
patch, git apply, git format-patch. all merge the code incorrectly.

but git cherry-pick does merge correctly. looks cherry-pick is stronger
than patch based stuff...
thanks.

On Sat, May 24, 2014 at 3:03 PM, ramkrishna vasudevan <