hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: DISCUSS: We need a mascot, a totem HBASE-4920
Date Wed, 07 May 2014 19:04:11 GMT
The design team at my place of work put together a few variations on an
Orca with an evil grin.  I posted their combos up on
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-4920 (see the three most
recent).  They can work on cleanup -- e.g. making the details look good at
a small scale and do up the various logo/image combinations -- but are you
lot good w/ this general direction?

Enis used the following in his 1.0 slides during the release managers
session at hbasecon and it looked alright to me (maybe it was the big
screen that did it) but it needs work to make it look good at a small
scale:
http://depositphotos.com/2900573/stock-illustration-Killer-whale-tattoo.html
(or
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_HBjr0PcdZW4/TIge5Uok9eI/AAAAAAAAA8Q/0AdMNtuhRaY/s400/pm006-orca7.png)
Our designers could clean up this one too?

Nkeywal voted up this one
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12511412/HBase%20Orca%20Logo.jpg
and I can ask our designers look at this as well.

Feedback appreciated.

St.Ack
P.S. If you can't tell, I'm trying to avoid an absolute vote run over some
selection of rough images.  It will not be a comparison of apples to apples
since the images are unfinished and most are without a 'setting'.  Rather,
I'm trying to narrow the options and then have us give feedback to a couple
of ready and willing professionals who can interpret our concerns in a
language they are expert in (and in which we are not ... IANAGD).