hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: Git Migration In Progress (WAS => Re: Git Migration)
Date Wed, 21 May 2014 18:23:33 GMT
Bigtop is hosted on git-wip-us and force pushes are disallowed. I've asked
on the INFRA JIRA if it is a global policy for git-wip-us or could be
changed on a per project basis but I also believe we should rewrite history
only in rare cases.
​​
Also based on observing Bigtop's use of Apache git hosting, If one of us
does accidentally push up toxic waste, we can create a temporary branch
that is the fixed version of the broken branch, and involve infra to clean
up the mess. Presumably those communications would be copied to dev@ so
everyone knows a rewrite is coming and can take steps.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy

(via Tom White)