hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Konstantin Boudnik <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: We have our first victim
Date Fri, 23 May 2014 23:47:09 GMT
Arguably, if we have a shared short-lived integration branch force push might
be desirable - upon a mutual developers' consent - to compress the history of
this branch or to avoid non fast-forward merge commits, etc.

Over time I came to the conclusion that using "administrative fascism"
measures (as in http://www.gnu.org/fun/jokes/know.your.sysadmin.html) is not
very productive. Hence, INFRA stance on preserving master (trunk) as an
ultimate history of code that went into the releases.

Hopefully, it makes sense? Thanks
  Cos