hbase-dev mailing list archives

From lars hofhansl <la...@apache.org>
Subject Fw: [VOTE] The 1st HBase 0.98.2 release candidate (RC0) is available
Date Tue, 13 May 2014 00:19:35 GMT
Resending... Looks like first attempt did not go through (still Apache email issues?).

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: lars hofhansl <larsh@apache.org>
To: "dev@hbase.apache.org" <dev@hbase.apache.org>
Cc: "user@hbase.apache.org" <user@hbase.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, May 12, 2014 11:01 AM
Subject: Re: [VOTE] The 1st HBase 0.98.2 release candidate (RC0) is available

Getting folks to test releases is like pulling teeths, or herding cats, or getting three kids
to agree which song from Frozen is the best :)

All jokes aside, this *is* a problem. With the goal of more frequent releases release verification
needs to be a smooth process.
I do not know how to fix it, but if we all could just remember to test a release (and a simple
verification does not take much time) that'd help.

I take some of the blame. And I'll weasel an excuse: HBaseCon. :)

Please reconsider Andy. It's not always fun, but it's important service to the community.

-- Lars