hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Enoch Hsu <e...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Question about Writing Unit Tests for JIRA 10950
Date Wed, 16 Apr 2014 17:22:50 GMT

Hi All,

I am looking into JIRA 10950 and I have a couple questions about writing
unit tests for the patch.
Where should the unit tests go in terms of module and package location?
e.g. hbase-server, hbase-client, etc

Another thing I observed while trying to write unit tests is that
HBaseTestingUtility has its own configuration files
that are used once the minicluster is started, and, unless I pass the
minicluster's configuration file to my code,
any new Configuration() calls will not get the same configuration as the
minicluster.
Is there any way to get HBaseTestingUtility and HBaseConfiguration.create()
to interact with each other without passing the conf object around?
Or is there another way I should be going about writing unit tests for
this?

Thanks,
Enoch Hsu