hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Vladimir Rodionov <vrodio...@carrieriq.com>
Subject RE: how Store and retrieve time series Gio Spacialdata in Hbase
Date Thu, 03 Apr 2014 16:10:54 GMT
>> suggest me the table design for this

Have you ever tried to google? You are asking people to do your own job, btw.
Have you ever heard about geohashing, space filling curves http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hilbert_curve
or spatial indexes: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R-tree

Best regards,
Vladimir Rodionov
Principal Platform Engineer
Carrier IQ, www.carrieriq.com
e-mail: vrodionov@carrieriq.com

From: Prabhakar [o.prabhakar@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 03, 2014 12:50 AM
To: dev@hbase.apache.org
Subject: how Store and retrieve time series Gio Spacialdata in Hbase

HI,

i have some data which got generated by vehicle GPS information. like
customer-id, vehicle-id,Latitude, longitude, address,time.. etc. I need to
store this data in Hbase for real time reads( writes can be batch, only
 concentrate on reads ). so while reading we are passing the parameters
like customerId,  time, address Point (Lat,Long) details with polygon( like
circle, rectangle,Square..etc) search. so the expected out put set of
vehicle address point within the polygon.
input is : one customer can search like find all his vehicles some
time-stamp with some address point within 1 KM or 2 KM Radius.
output is: retrieve all vehicle details within the given radius and given
address point on tha given time-stamp range.

please suggest me the proper GIO spacial API for this requirement and
suggest me the table design for this.

Thanks,
Prabhakar