hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Huang <gee...@gmail.com>
Subject HBase 0.94 - TableMapReduceUtil class, overloaded method "initTableMapperJob" behaves differently
Date Mon, 07 Apr 2014 21:37:06 GMT
I am looking at the 0.94 branch and I have noticed that the overloaded
methods for "initTableMapperJob" behaves differently in that one of them
calls the "initCredentials(job);" while the others don't.  For people who
are using Kerberos security on their cluster, the initCredentials(job) sets
up the HBase security tokens for all the mapper tasks only for that
overloaded method.  Is there a specific reason why this could be
intentional?  Otherwise, I would like to create a new JIRA to see if I can
work on this as a newbie issue.

Thanks for any pointer.
Jim