hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Jerry He <jerry...@gmail.com>
Subject acl data on zookeeper after migration from hbase 0.94 to 0.96
Date Mon, 21 Apr 2014 04:14:39 GMT
Hi,

While testing migration from 0.94 to 0.96 with security enabled, I got the
following exception and hbase master failed to start.
The master TableAuthManager was trying to fresh from the acl node on
zookeeper.
The acl data on zookeeper (old acl data from 0.94) seems to be corrupted.
My HBase upgrade is together with hdfs and zookeeper upgrades.
Before I figure out why the acl data is not readable, I wonder if we still
need the old acl data from 0.94 on zookeeper.
During migration96, we migrate the acl data in meta table, but don't clean
the acl node.
The acl data in meta table is all we need, right?

2014-04-16 08:52:41,625 ERROR
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.security.access.HbaseObjectWritableFor96Migration:
Error in readFields
java.io.EOFException
at java.io.DataInputStream.readBoolean(DataInputStream.java:238)
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.security.access.TablePermission.readFields
(TablePermission.java:397)
at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.security.access.HbaseObjectWritableFor96Migration.readObject
(HbaseObjectWritableFor96Migration.java:689)
at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.security.access.HbaseObjectWritableFor96Migration.readObject
(HbaseObjectWritableFor96Migration.java:589)
at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.security.access.HbaseObjectWritableFor96Migration.readObject
(HbaseObjectWritableFor96Migration.java:650)
at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.security.access.HbaseObjectWritableFor96Migration.readObject
(HbaseObjectWritableFor96Migration.java:589)
at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.security.access.AccessControlLists.readPermissions
(AccessControlLists.java:614)
at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.security.access.TableAuthManager.refreshTableCacheFromWritable
(TableAuthManager.java:158)
at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.security.access.ZKPermissionWatcher.refreshAuthManager
(ZKPermissionWatcher.java:152)
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.security.access.ZKPermissionWatcher.refreshNodes
(ZKPermissionWatcher.java:135)
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.security.access.ZKPermissionWatcher.start
(ZKPermissionWatcher.java:64)
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.security.access.TableAuthManager.<init>
(TableAuthManager.java:114)
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.security.access.TableAuthManager.get
(TableAuthManager.java:662)
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.security.access.AccessController.start
(AccessController.java:525)
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.coprocessor.CoprocessorHost$Environment.startup
(CoprocessorHost.java:634)
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.coprocessor.CoprocessorHost.loadInstance
(CoprocessorHost.java:258)
at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.coprocessor.CoprocessorHost.loadSystemCoprocessors
(CoprocessorHost.java:158)
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.MasterCoprocessorHost.<init>
(MasterCoprocessorHost.java:69)
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMaster.finishInitialization
(HMaster.java:827)
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMaster.run(HMaster.java:612)