hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: 0.99.0 and 1.0.0 targets in Jira
Date Thu, 17 Apr 2014 16:48:00 GMT
> So if we want allow working on the next major version while maintaining
minor version of the current major version we would not release from trunk.
Is that what you are concerned about, Andy?

Not exactly. If we say the next major version is 2, and that is trunk, then
the question is how much time would elapse before version 2 is forked from
trunk, and how quickly a release would happen on the new version 2 major
branch. In other words the concern is about a large delta between trunk and
production, months of effort to clear the debt.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy

(via Tom White)