hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Konstantin Boudnik <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: 0.98.1 has stopped building [Was: What happened to tar.gz assembly in 0.98?]
Date Wed, 30 Apr 2014 05:47:42 GMT
+1 on what Stack said - 'site' stands apart from the other targets.

In the midst of this conversation I have tried to tight it up with
default-install phase but it basically has two consequences:
  - not working as riding install's coat-tails don't do much good as its own
    bound life-cycles steps aren't getting called. Hence, no compilation, etc.
    will be happening
  - increasing the time of the build (potentially)

I would ask a slightly different question: why site needs the installed
artifacts in the first place?

And if you guys feel like we need to dig into this issue - please let me know
I will be happy to play with it: I have a bit of knowledge in Maven. However,
~2K of a build file scares the hell out of me ;)

Regards,
  Cos

On Tue, Apr 29, 2014 at 10:35PM, Stack wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 29, 2014 at 6:45 PM, Andrew Purtell <apurtell@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > We have a 'release' Maven profile. Right now it just runs Apache RAT. I
> > wonder if some kind of hairy Maven-foo can reattach site into the right
> > place if this profile is enabled. RAT is pretty quick, and Javadoc is going
> > to dominate build time anyhow, so should be ok for Bigtop packaging. The
> > question is if it's possible. My Maven is weak. Anyone have any idea?
> >

> Seems like site is a lifecycle of its own apart from the maven 'default'
> lifecycle:
> https://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-the-lifecycle.html
> Getting the site lifecycle to run inside a goal of the 'default'
> lifecycle
> could be tough (I'm no expert).  We make use of the pre-site building
> docbook.
> St.Ack
>

> > On Tue, Apr 29, 2014 at 4:37 PM, Konstantin Boudnik <cos@apache.org>
> > wrote:

> > doc
> > >
> > > Yeah, you right. it also won't fly for another reason - the install won't
> > > engage other needed steps such as compile, test-compile, etc. It seems
> > that
> > > for the purpose of Bigtop packaging there's no other way but to really
> > > execute
> > > two septate mvn process one after another.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >   Cos

> > It
> > > with

> > when
> > then

> > > site

> > > apurtell@apache.org>

> > > source

> > > pulls
> > > did
> > > local

> > > cos@apache.org

> > > (default-site)
Could not
> > > resolve
The
> > > following
> > > org.apache.hbase:hbase-common:jar:0.98.1,
> > > Could
> > apache
> > > https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/releases/)

> > aforementioned