hbase-dev mailing list archives

From lars hofhansl <la...@apache.org>
Subject Re: a way to record # of rows 'deleted' due to TTL
Date Fri, 18 Apr 2014 21:52:58 GMT
There is no good way at the moment unless you handle it completely yourself via a coprocessor.
I suppose we could add a metric...? Would that be good enough? Even that would not be entirely
trivial to add into the bowls of the ColumnTrackers (wouldn't want to count it during normal
scans but only in compactions).

-- Lars

________________________________
 From: Demai Ni <nidmgg@gmail.com>
To: "dev@hbase.apache.org" <dev@hbase.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, April 18, 2014 2:27 PM
Subject: a way to record # of rows 'deleted' due to TTL

hi, folks,

Understand that TTL plays its role in the background, I am wondering
whether there is a way to have some information of the retired rows?

for example,
1) 100 rows were put initially
2) during one day period, 2 rows was deleted by user, and 10 rows 'retired'
due to TTL

is there a way to figure out the '10'? Is there a way to plug in a
co-processor for that purpose?

Many thanks

Demai