hbase-dev mailing list archives

From lars hofhansl <la...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] The 4th HBase 0.98.1 release candidate (RC3) is available for download
Date Thu, 03 Apr 2014 19:16:13 GMT
To be fair, Phoenix should not have relied on an unreleased dependency. (I know there are corporate
timing issues, but they really should not force us into situations like these).

As far as I understand the issue, it not just a performance but can lead to incorrect results.

Then again, this issue has existed in all of 0.96 and 0.98 so far (over 5 months).

So, I'd be in favor of releasing 0.98.1 now, and doing 0.98.2 soon, in 14 or 20 days (that
would also pull back some of the time lost in the 0.98.1RC cycle).

-- Lars

________________________________
 From: James Taylor <jtaylor@salesforce.com>
To: "user@hbase.apache.org" <user@hbase.apache.org>
Cc: "dev@hbase.apache.org" <dev@hbase.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, April 3, 2014 8:57 AM
Subject: Re: [VOTE] The 4th HBase 0.98.1 release candidate (RC3) is available for download

I implore you to stick with releasing RC3. Phoenix 4.0 has no release it
can currently run on. Phoenix doesn't use SingleColumnValueFilter, so it
seems that HBASE-10850 has no impact wrt Phoenix. Can't we get these
additional bugs in 0.98.2 - it's one month away [1]?

    James

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mythical_Man-Month

On Thu, Apr 3, 2014 at 3:34 AM, ramkrishna vasudevan <

> Will target HBASE-10899 also then by that time.
>
> Regards
> Ram
>

> On Thu, Apr 3, 2014 at 3:47 PM, Ted Yu <yuzhihong@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Understood, Andy.
> >
> > I have integrated fix for HBASE-10850 to 0.98
> >
> > Cheers
> >

> > On Thu, Apr 3, 2014 at 3:00 AM, Andrew Purtell <andrew.purtell@gmail.com
> > >wrote:
> >
> > > I will sink this RC and roll a new one tomorrow.
> > >
> > > However, I may very well release the next RC even if I am the only +1
> > vote
> > > and testing it causes your workstation to catch fire. So please take
> the
> > > time to commit whatever you feel is needed to the 0.98 branch or file
> > > blockers against 0.98.1 in the next 24 hours. This is it for 0.98.1.
> > >  0.98.2 will happen a mere 30 days from the 0.98.1 release.

> > > release
> essential
> > > CF

> > looks