hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Jimmy Xiang <jxi...@cloudera.com>
Subject ClusterConnection package private
Date Fri, 14 Mar 2014 19:22:07 GMT
In implementing HBASE-10569 (co-locating meta and master), I run into some
issue with the connections.

The issue is that ClusterConnection is package private (on purpose). I have
to create an adapter (see the patch here https://reviews.apache.org/r/19198/)
so that I can override some of the logic. Because meta and master are on
the same JVM, I'd like to bypass the network/RPC layer when master tries to
scan the meta table, or assign the meta region, and when the same
regionserver tries to send reports to the master.

I was wondering what we can do here. Is it a good solution to create an
adapter? That's kind of similar to make the connection public, right?

Thanks,
Jimmy