hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Ted Yu <yuzhih...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] The 3rd HBase 0.98.1 release candidate (RC2) is available for download
Date Sat, 29 Mar 2014 11:00:51 GMT
After some more testing in secure deployment of 0.98, I found some issue
with cell visibility labels.
Namely:
HBASE-10863 Scan doesn't return rows for user who has authorization by
visibility label in secure deployment
HBASE-10857 clear_auths command gives exception on existing label and user
in secure deployment

Underneath, they are actually caused by one defect:
DefaultScanLabelGenerator#dropLabelsNotInUserAuths() would erroneously drop
labels due to mismatching username.

The fix, attached to HBASE-10863, switches to calling user.getShortName()
which is consistent with AccessController in working with Kerberos
principals.

>From users' point of view, it would be expected that cell visibility labels
work in secure deployment.

I want to solicit opinion on whether RC3 is needed.
If RC3 comes out, I would expect a quick vote.

Cheers