hbase-dev mailing list archives

From jeevi tesh <jeevitesh...@gmail.com>
Subject turn off authentication in hbase
Date Wed, 12 Mar 2014 18:26:04 GMT
Hi all,

I'm using hadoop 2.2, HBASE-0.96.1.1-hadoop2 version of hadoop and hbase
and kundera as jpa. Now when I connect to hbase through java
client(kundera), I'm getting  *SecurityException*:
*java.lang.SecurityException*: Unable to locate a login configuration
occurred when trying to find JAAS configuration.

How to turn off authentication while connecting from java client to hbase
system.

I tried <property>

      <name>hbase.security.authentication</name>

      <value>simple</value>

  </property>

In documention no authentication means simple but not working for me.