hbase-dev mailing list archives

From yanqing huang <yanqinghuang1...@gmail.com>
Subject Test HBase throughput with ycsb
Date Tue, 25 Mar 2014 02:22:35 GMT
   I want to ask something about the ycsb throughput of testing HBase.
 In my use case, I want to test HBase query throughput and average latency
in hadoop cluster instead of benchmarking different DB which is YCSB good
at. I care more about the performance of HBase job running in hadoop
cluster.

       Now the question is, YCSB has its throughput report (ops/sec), but I
don't know how ycsb calculates its HBase throughput and whether it matches
with what I want, which is HBase query throughput in hadoop cluster.

       Can anybody help me with understanding the throughput of ycsb
giving? Thanks a lot!