hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Hadoop1 support in 0.98/1.0
Date Thu, 06 Mar 2014 01:02:56 GMT
On Thu, Mar 6, 2014 at 3:39 AM, Stack <stack@duboce.net> wrote:

> But if we instead allow that our versioning currently is of-kilter -- Lars
> Hofhansl has argued off-line that 0.96.0 should have been 1.0

Related, is Hadoop 2.3.0 more like 3.0 ?

If, for example, we wanted to pin the HFiles of IN_MEMORY tables in HDFS's
centralized cache, as HDFS-4949 suggests, then how different will our view
of the HDFS interfaces be between 2.0.0 and 2.3.0+? Would the (I'm
guessing) necessary reflection be a perf issue? Maybe a new hadoop-compat
module for 2.3.0 +? Or drop support for Hadoop < 2.3.0 ?

Point is - after we finish this discussion about Hadoop 1 or not (seems
not), then what to do about the different flavors of Hadoop 2.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy

(via Tom White)