hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Releases tests....
Date Sat, 15 Mar 2014 01:37:16 GMT
I agree it's a bit unusual we are all on top of each other right now.

I'd like to do a monthly release cadence for 0.98 and the time is now, so I
plan to at least tag the branch for a RC. Whether we collectively have the
bandwidth to test what's tagged at the same time, perhaps this can be moved
forward a bit. I certainly plan to do tens of cycles of unit tests, perf
testing against 0.98.0, cluster integration tests using hbase-it, and maybe
that's good enough besides others helping out with checking packaging
basics.

And this time I will update CHANGES.txt.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy

(via Tom White)