hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Charles <e...@apache.org>
Subject Re: DISCUSS: We need a mascot, a totem HBASE-4920
Date Wed, 05 Mar 2014 06:56:25 GMT
On 03/04/2014 11:19 PM, Jean-Marc Spaggiari wrote:
> Can we not have Stack as the mascot? ;)

Well, Stack's place is on the HBase chair, not as a puppet mascot on my
desk :)

> Else, I'm fine with the Orca too,

+1 Not sure if Orca is a fish, but it is fast, powerful and human can
trust it (until a certain point, I've seen a reportage on it) - just
like HBase...

> as I will be fine with almost anything else.

Not me - would you agree with a baby dog?
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSy1Z-dTEBG6lZqm5ai2ky5vtcWPxOTMLg-q9RI63ifYLnFTmS8Ig

Apart from this, if this a thread for Orca of to choose a picture. I
read two different concerns here. Maybe worth to quickly bootstrap a
vote for Orca, and after a vote with a list of proposals (I've got my
favorite, but prefer casting a vote to avoid to be lost in the mass)