hbase-dev mailing list archives

From "Du, Jingcheng" <jingcheng...@intel.com>
Subject Backup HMasters will go down if the zk connection expires without recovery
Date Thu, 20 Mar 2014 07:43:04 GMT
Dear Devs,

  Now I encounter a problem in the HMaster.
  Currently I run multiple HMasters in a cluster. If the ZK connection of one of the backup
HMasters expires, this backup HMaster will go down directly without recovering the ZK connection.
I saw there were such code in the HMaster.abortNow() listed below, the fail.fast only works
for active HMaster. Do the backup ones need to be recovered if the zk connection expires?
Please advise. Thanks.

if (!this.isActiveMaster || this.stopped) {
      return true;
boolean failFast = conf.getBoolean("fail.fast.expired.active.master", false);