hbase-dev mailing list archives

From lars hofhansl <la...@apache.org>
Subject Re: 0.94 non-secure tarballs
Date Thu, 27 Mar 2014 20:46:24 GMT
Cool. Thanks Jesse, Stack, and Gary.
I filed a ticket to do so... And probably mess up the pom horribly until somebody shows me
how to it.

-- Lars

________________________________
 From: Gary Helmling <ghelmling@gmail.com>
To: "dev@hbase.apache.org" <dev@hbase.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, March 27, 2014 10:04 AM
Subject: Re: 0.94 non-secure tarballs

+1, seems fine to eliminate the non-secure builds now.

The main reason for doing security as a separate profile was to make it
possible to continue to build and run HBase on a pre-1.0 Hadoop (Hadoop
without the security classes referenced in the HBase security code).  We
don't even have a profile for a non-secure Hadoop anymore, so I can't see
this being an issue any longer.