hbase-dev mailing list archives

From lars hofhansl <la...@apache.org>
Subject 0.94 non-secure tarballs
Date Thu, 27 Mar 2014 04:04:16 GMT
I am thinking to stop releasing the tarballs without the security code. They do not really
add anything, the secure tarballs work perfectly OK without security. The secure builds just
have some source and class files.

I would also get rid of the non-secure build completely and just have one way to build HBase.

Any objections? Are there any other reasons to build both a secure and non-secure tarball?
Export restrictions, or anything?

I think that would also make it trivial to release the secure bits to maven (but maven is
black magic to me, so I do not know for sure).

-- Lars