hbase-dev mailing list archives

From lars hofhansl <la...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Hadoop1 support in 0.98/1.0
Date Wed, 05 Mar 2014 19:51:57 GMT
I suppose the next question is: Do we intentionally drop it, or just not spend any additional
time on it? (I.e. some new features might not work with Hadoop-1, etc).
We could keep the -hadoop1 test suites running and fix failures, but not do anything beyond
that.

-- Lars

________________________________
 From: Stack <stack@duboce.net>
To: HBase Dev List <dev@hbase.apache.org>; lars hofhansl <larsh@apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, March 5, 2014 11:39 AM
Subject: Re: Hadoop1 support in 0.98/1.0

(Good discusssion)

Intellectually and if we go by the numbers, it makes 'sense' keeping
hadoop1 support in hbase1.

But if we instead allow that our versioning currently is of-kilter -- Lars
Hofhansl has argued off-line that 0.96.0 should have been 1.0 -- and if we
are realistic and ask the question, who of us here has the time and
interest supporting a hbase1 on hadoop1 (not I!, No one?), and as per Andy
above, h2 is just better all around, then IMO hadoop1 should be dropped in
1.0 (Is it too late to deprecate in 0.98?).

St.Ack