hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Jeffrey Zhong <jzh...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Discussion: dropping filterKeyValue(Cell ignored) from FilterBase
Date Tue, 25 Feb 2014 01:52:17 GMT

filterKeyValue is part of public/Stable Filter interface.

For example, Phoenix use filterKeyValue in many places. I guess there are
other hbase applications implements filters with this function.Therefore,
it will break compatibilities for some applications so it's better we can
firstly desecrated this function and remove it in later major release.

Thanks,
-Jeffrey

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE