hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Marc Spaggiari <jean-m...@spaggiari.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] The 1st hbase 0.94.17 release candidate is available for download
Date Sun, 16 Feb 2014 13:29:31 GMT
+1 to keep the default behavior. It's very nice to have to option to start
more than one thread but I think for 0.94 we should keep default config.
But also, it's not a big thing. So I will be only -0 for this in the RC. I
agree that it's a bit surprising the see the 3 servers, but not that
dramatic.

Also I'm getting this once in a while when doing HFilePerformanceEvaluation:

org.apache.hadoop.hbase.io.hfile.AbstractHFileReader$NotSeekedException:
Not seeked to a key/value
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.io.hfile.AbstractHFileReader$Scanner.assertSeeked(AbstractHFileReader.java:320)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.io.hfile.HFileReaderV2$ScannerV2.next(HFileReaderV2.java:690)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.HFilePerformanceEvaluation$GaussianRandomReadBenchmark.doRow(HFilePerformanceEvaluation.java:347)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.HFilePerformanceEvaluation$RowOrientedBenchmark.run(HFilePerformanceEvaluation.java:169)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.HFilePerformanceEvaluation.runBenchmark(HFilePerformanceEvaluation.java:121)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.HFilePerformanceEvaluation$3.run(HFilePerformanceEvaluation.java:97)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:744)

Occured 30% of the time, and only on GaussianRandomReadBenchmark.

JM