hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Marc Spaggiari <jean-m...@spaggiari.org>
Subject Re: Hardware requirements for a development workstation
Date Tue, 11 Feb 2014 13:23:32 GMT
Moving to user@, dev@ in bcc

Hi,

Calculation is pretty simple.

Let's say you want to have at least 3 nodes in 3 VMs. And you local os.

That's 4 computers in one hardware.

You want to have AT LEAST 2 cores and 4GB per host, so you need a minimum
or 16GB and 8 cores to host all of that in a single hardware.

But for local dev, I don't think you need to run a local cluster. A pseudo
dist might be plenty enough. Then just use 2 hardware to build a 4 nodes
cluster for your next step testing.

JM