hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Marc Spaggiari <jean-m...@spaggiari.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] The 2nd hbase 0.94.17 release candidate is available for download
Date Sun, 23 Feb 2014 18:54:49 GMT
Hey, I'm not getting where the 15% slowdown is coming too neither. I will
re-run the tests. I run the randomread on a 2M lines table written with
RandomWrite. It creates  3 region table so I did not used presplit. I run
the balancer after that. Since they are 3 nodes, whereever the regions are
assigned, HDFS blocks are local. So I'm not running major compaction. But I
can if required. I did not run it with MR. Only with 1 single client. I
will have the MR in the scope for the next release.

For MAX_FILESIZE, I will first retry on my previous cluster with a previous
version and will com back if I'm able to get a difference in the behaviors.
But at the end, what I see in 0.94.17 is still good, and even if different
that what I think I saw before, it's better. More what I will have expected.

I'm rerunning the RandomRead with presplit and twice the rows. Will take
about 24h to get the results...