hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Demai Ni <nid...@gmail.com>
Subject HBase log grows very fast after stopped hadoop (due to connection exception)
Date Tue, 04 Feb 2014 22:09:30 GMT
hi,

we are using hbase 96.0(also saw the same issue on 94.x) on single node
cluster. At some point, we stopped Hadoop, but keep hbase rerunning. As
expected, hbase began to throw following errors:
..
2014-02-04 11:05:12,820 ERROR
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.executor.EventHandler: Caught throwable while
processing event M_META_SERVER_SHUTDOWN
Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Call From
bdvm311.svl.ibm.com/9.30.123.64 to bdvm311.svl.ibm.com:9000 failed on
connection exception: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused; For
more details see:  http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/ConnectionRefused
..

 the whole exception log is pasted here: http://pastebin.com/9jfvfSmA

while everything(error/exception) is valid, hbase keep retrying, and the
log files grow to 25 GB within 3 hours.

So, I am wondering whether there is a configuration to reduce the frequency
of retry, or maybe we can twist the code to do it automatically?

thank for your suggestion

Demai