hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Dimiduk <ndimi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: The 3rd HBase 0.98.0 release candidate (RC2) is available for download
Date Wed, 12 Feb 2014 22:50:47 GMT
On Wed, Feb 12, 2014 at 2:43 PM, Jean-Daniel Cryans <jdcryans@apache.org>wrote:

> everything looks good except for the annoying "Failed to retrieve
> nio.BufferPool direct MemoryUsed" debug line...

That was introduced on HBASE-10116. It only impacts JDK6, as that version
of the JDK doesn't export this bean. I can look into suppressing the
warning when JDK6 is detected if you'd like (though I thought this version
was a dying breed); certainly shouldn't sink the RC. Maybe a cleanup for
1.0? If it bothers you greatly, please file a ticket, assign to me.

-n