hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Vladimir Rodionov <vladrodio...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Major compaction issues in hbase
Date Sun, 02 Feb 2014 21:56:21 GMT
I think, the major issue here - not a sudden major compaction, but why
everything, literally, stalls when major compaction kicks off? Is there any
clear explanation, somewhere, how does major compaction can affect tput,
latency, availability of HBase? 300ms latency is possible, of course , as
an rare outlier, but if its 90% percentile - its totally different story.

-Vladimir