hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Public GitHub tree for HBASE-10191 work
Date Thu, 20 Feb 2014 02:17:05 GMT
On Wed, Feb 19, 2014 at 5:35 PM, Nick Dimiduk <ndimiduk@gmail.com> wrote:

> I would also recommend you take an aggressive stance on rebasing this
> branch onto trunk to keep things fresh. You'll need to work out the details
> with your collaborators though.

Agreed. I'd like to ultimately keep the work apart as a stack of patches
floating atop HBase trunk, rather than have a bunch of small commits with
poorly descriptive commit messages threaded throughout branch history.
Maybe a weekly Sunday rebase (perhaps with squashing) and force push would
not be too onerous.

Best regards,

   - Andy

(via Tom White)