hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Lukas Nalezenec <lukas.naleze...@firma.seznam.cz>
Subject Re: Tablesplit.getLength returns 0
Date Thu, 06 Feb 2014 15:23:59 GMT
On 6.2.2014 14:08, Ted Yu wrote:
> Have you considered putting the check inside a static method of RegionSizeCalculator
?
No, I havent.
I can do it but we will have to add this check to each use of
RegionSizeCalculator. There is risk of unnecessary NPEs.
I prefer readable, simple code over avoiding allocation of few kilobytes
for hundreds of milliseconds in noncritical code in case somebody turns
the feature off once a year.
I will add the static method but i wont use it in the InputFormat.

Btw, maybe the best option is removing the configuration option ;-) -
its really fast now.

> Did you put latest patch into use in a cluster ?
Yes, just now. it looks pretty good. Its fast and its correlated with
previous Filesystem algorithm.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/77461754/tableSplitReturns0.png

It ignores column families but it works with memStore.

I will write unit tests and then make patch.

Best regards
Lukas