hbase-dev mailing list archives

From lars hofhansl <la...@apache.org>
Subject Re: DISCUSSION: 1.0.0
Date Tue, 11 Feb 2014 00:59:15 GMT
True. But we can clearly annotate what is public and what is not.
In HRegion we'd have to do it per method. It's probably easier to extract the public interface
out into a Interface. (similar to Store and HStore)
HBASE-4207 solves a slightly different problem. Here I want to have access to some HBase internals
for performance, but I want to know what is public and stable and what I should not touch
(thinking about things like Phoenix).

-- Lars

 From: Andrew Purtell <apurtell@apache.org>
To: "dev@hbase.apache.org" <dev@hbase.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, February 10, 2014 4:46 PM
Subject: Re: DISCUSSION: 1.0.0

On Mon, Feb 10, 2014 at 4:42 PM, lars hofhansl <larsh@apache.org> wrote:

> + known coprocessor interfaces. For example right now a coprocessor can
> use everything on HRegion. We need to distill what's useful into an
> interface.

We started this with Environment and the HTable wrapper as an example of
how to wrap an interface for CPs. At the end of the day we can't stop a
coprocessor from accessing internal objects and calling their methods
directly until HBASE-4047. (Maybe that makes the 1.0 list?)

Related, paring down the coprocessor interfaces to only intercept RPC based
actions and move everything else to plugins.

Best regards,

   - Andy

(via Tom White)