hbase-dev mailing list archives

From yanivG <yaniv.yancov...@gmail.com>
Subject Major compaction issues in hbase
Date Sun, 02 Feb 2014 21:14:47 GMT
Hi,
I am using hbase 0.94.6 version. We are developing a java application and
using it as our storage for a high load web application.
The average ration is about 500 requests per second.
>From time to time I see high latency (more then 300 ms!!!) when trying to
store data object within hbase (using Put).

We disabled major compaction and set it to run manually once a week.
By examining the logs during those high latency , I see that major
compaction was executed.
I saw a post
(https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/nosql-databases/YwE894gq1qM) which
explains it.
The question is how can I avoid this? Should I ran the major compaction once
a day in low load hours? will it eliminate the sporadic major compaction?
Thanks,