hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <andrew.purt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] The 1st HBase 0.98.0 release candidate is available for download
Date Sat, 25 Jan 2014 22:11:27 GMT
This is a vote thread not a discussion thread, please start new threads for discussion.

> On Jan 25, 2014, at 1:45 PM, lars hofhansl <larsh@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Tried from scratch again. HMaster goes straight into:
>

> 2014-01-25 13:41:28,422 FATAL [master:myhost:60000] master.HMaster: Unhandled
> exception. Starting shutdown.
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.util.FileSystemVersionException: HBase file layout needs to be
upgraded.  You have version 7 and I want version 8.  Is your hbase.rootdir valid?  If so,
you may need to run 'hbase hbck -fixVersionFile'.
>         at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.util.FSUtils.checkVersion(FSUtils.java:588)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.MasterFileSystem.checkRootDir(MasterFileSystem.java:455)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.MasterFileSystem.createInitialFileSystemLayout(MasterFileSystem.java:146)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.MasterFileSystem.<init>(MasterFileSystem.java:127)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMaster.finishInitialization(HMaster.java:789)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMaster.run(HMaster.java:606)
>

> So this is definitely broken.
> Are we supporting upgrading from 0.94 to 0.98? If so this should sink the RC.
> Or does one need to upgrade to 0.96 first and then to 0.98?
>

> -- Lars

master does not start, because of this issue, and hence there is no easy way to fix.