hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: HBase 0.94.15: writes stalls periodically even under moderate steady load (AWS EC2)
Date Thu, 16 Jan 2014 18:17:03 GMT
On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 5:32 PM,
Vladimir Rodionov <vladrodionov@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes, I am using ephemeral (local) storage. I found that iostat is most of
> the time idle on 3K load with periodic bursts up to 10% iowait.

Ok, sounds like the problem is higher up the stack.

I see in later emails on this thread a log snippet that shows an issue with
the WAL writer pipeline, one of the datanodes is slow, sick, or partially
unreachable. If you have uneven point to point ping times among your
cluster instances, or periodic loss, it might still be AWS's fault,
otherwise I wonder why the DFSClient says a datanode is sick.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy

(via Tom White)