hbase-dev mailing list archives

From lars hofhansl <la...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] The 1st HBase 0.98.0 release candidate is available for download
Date Sun, 26 Jan 2014 05:49:13 GMT
I think this is expected. It's the first time I tested this in 0.96 or later.
Still +1 here.

I'll do the same test in 0.96 next week. I'd expect it'll be similar to 0.98.
With "pure" scan performance I mostly mean the internal "friction". I.e. everything in the
blockcache and all KVs filtered at the server with a filter.

But as you said, this is not a discussion thread.
We can tackle performance improvements later in the cycle.

-- Lars

________________________________
 From: Andrew Purtell <apurtell@apache.org>
To: "user@hbase.apache.org" <user@hbase.apache.org>; lars hofhansl <larsh@apache.org>

Cc: "dev@hbase.apache.org" <dev@hbase.apache.org>
Sent: Saturday, January 25, 2014 3:13 PM
Subject: Re: [VOTE] The 1st HBase 0.98.0 release candidate is available for download

On Sat, Jan 25, 2014 at 2:35 PM, lars hofhansl <larsh@apache.org> wrote:

Raw scanning is about 30% slower than 0.94 in pure scan performance.

My initial reaction to that is -0, but I don't think it holds up .0, just charts out work
needed for .1. When developing on trunk we looked at the deltas between trunk and trunk+changes,
not between releases. How different is this from 0.96 I wonder.

--

Best regards,

   - Andy